- Dental Implants
- LANAP® Laser Treatment
- Cone Beam 3-D Imaging
- Digital X-rays
- Emergency Care
- Gum Grafting
- Intraoral Camera
- Occlusal Adjustment
- Perio Protect®
- Tooth Extraction
For New Patients
Single Visit Services
Including examination, periodontal maintenance and radiographs are to be paid at the time of service. Payment can be made by cash, checks, Visa or MasterCard.
For any treatment over $600, you can receive a 5% discount if paid in full by cash or check on the day of treatment. A 3% discount applies if paid in full by Visa or MasterCard on the day of treatment.
Patients without Dental Insurance:
- Payment for scaling & root planing can be evenly divided over the number of treatment visits.
- Payment for periodontal surgery and dental implants can be made by placing a 50% deposit at the time of surgery. You can pay the balance:
- By issuing 3 postdated checks or 3 filled out & signed credit card slips of 3 equal payments which will be posted to your account one per month over the next 3 months.
- By using Care Credit and receiving 3 months interest free. Care Credit is a credit card for dental treatment which allows the patient to pay for the treatment over 3 months interest free. You will need to fill out a simple application. Please ask our receptionist for further details.
Patients with Dental Insurance
- Pre-estimates will normally take 4-6 weeks. If we submit a pre-estimate to your insurance company, your share as predetermined by the company, is due on the day of treatment.
- Payment for scaling & root planning and periodontal surgery – If you wish to start treatment before the pre-estimate is returned, we will have you pay 30% at the time of treatment. We will bill your insurance for the entire amount. Any overpayment to our office will be reimbursed to you. If your insurance pays less than the 70% our office estimated, we will bill you for the balance at the completion of treatment.
- Payment for dental implants – If you wish to start treatment before the pre-estimate is returned, we will have you pay 50% at the time of treatment. We will bill your insurance for the entire amount. Any overpayment to our office will be reimbursed to you. If your insurance pays less than the 50% our office estimated, we will bill you for the balance at the completion of treatment.
- *If you are insured through Delta Dental or Comp-Dent-State of Illinois, you are asked to pay for your treatment in full. Delta Dental or Comp-Dent-State of Illinois will send their reimbursement payment directly to you.
- Medicare, HMO policies and DMO policies do not provide coverage for treatment performed at our office. We will not file any paperwork associated with these plans.
We know questions can arise on insurance matters. We encourage you to discuss such questions with our business staff. We will help you receive the maximum benefits: however, please remember the agreement of the insurance company to pay for your dental care is a contract between you and the insurance company. We will be happy to file your insurance as a courtesy to you.
We will always try to accommodate you by staging treatment at a rate in which you can afford the dental treatment.
The range of benefits depends solely on what the plan purchaser wishes to offer employees or members. Some plans may cover as little as 30% or as much as 100% of dental services, with most falling in the 50% to 80% range. Some plans exclude certain types of services, e.g. orthodontics, while other plans will cover a full range of dental services.
Some plans base the amount of benefit on a chart or schedule of fees arbitrarily developed by third party payers. For this reason, you may receive a lower percentage of the reimbursement level indicated in your dental plan. For example, if your plan states that it will pay 80% of dental treatment, it means 80% of the fee as determined by the insurance company, and not the actual fee charged.
As the number of patients covered by dental benefits plans has increased, certain assumptions have become evident, and I would like to make the principles of my practice, as well as the type of service and care I provide my patients, very clear:
- My fees are based on the following: the treatment plan selected, the experience taken to provide you with the necessary dental care, and the overhead involved in my practice. I do not believe it is in either of our best interests for me to compromise my recommended treatment, in order to accommodate a dental plan’s maximum benefits that may be considerably less than optimal. However, I am more than happy to discuss a treatment plan’s advantages and disadvantages with you, thereby involving you, not the third party payer, in the decision-making process.
- The type of treatment you need and receive from me is based upon my professional judgment, and not whether you are covered by a dental benefits plan.
- As a courtesy to you, my staff will complete the dental portion of your claim form. To expedite processing, make sure that the patient portion of the form is filled out completely and accurately.
- If you direct the insurance company to pay its share of the cost of a treatment directly to my office, you will receive credit for this amount and be billed for any balance. Upon receipt of payment from the third party, my staff will reconcile the bill, and refund any amount due you.
If your dental benefits plan requires a “predetermination” or “prior authorization”, I will submit a treatment plan for review by the third party payer. However, please remember that the financial obligations for the dental treatment is between you and this office. The third party payer is responsible to you and not to this office.
- If you receive communication from the third party payer suggesting that my fee is over and above the usual and customary rate for the services provided to you, please do not accept this as fact without first discussing the matter with me. The third party payer’s fee data may be extremely out of date. It may not take into consideration local factors in establishing its schedule, and its geographic area may include the entire country or state.
- If, after our discussions, you believe that the dental benefits provided by your plan are inadequate, you may want to discuss the matter with your employer, union or association, so that appropriate alternatives can be investigated.
I will help you in every way in filing your claims, handling insurance queries, processing follow-ups, lost claims, etc. No question is too small for you to ask, whether it is about your treatment, benefit plan or statement. Stop in or call, anytime you have a question. We are here to help you.
Our highly skilled team has served Berwyn and Westmont for many years. Our patients visit our office from Oak Park, River Forest, Riverside, Cicero, Stickney, Chicago, LaGrange, LaGrange Park, Oakbrook, Hinsdale, Downers Grove, Willowbrook, Clarendon Hills, Western Springs and Maywood as well as additional areas. We hope that we will be able to provide the same service and quality to you. Contact us at 708-749-4080 (Berwyn office) or 630-435-1955 (Westmont office) to schedule your periodontal exam.