LANAP® is the Laser Alternative to Traditional Gum Surgery
Schedule Your Laser Assisted New Attachment Procedure (LANAP®) Consultation Today!
Why Choose Laser Dentistry?
• Minimal Discomfort
• 98 Percent of Patients Remain Stable after Five Years
• Higher Success Rate for Gum Reattachment
• Greater Success Rate of Bone Regeneration
• Less Time Spent in the Dental Chair
• Lower Risk of Infection
• Reduced Risk of Tooth Sensitivity
• Less Bleeding
• Minimal or No Gum Recession
More On Laser Dentistry
- Dental Implants
- LANAP® Laser Treatment
- Cone Beam 3-D Imaging
- Digital X-rays
- Emergency Care
- Gum Grafting
- Intraoral Camera
- Occlusal Adjustment
- Perio Protect®
- Tooth Extraction
For New Patients
Laser vs Osseous Surgery in Berwyn & Westmont, IL
Laser vs. Osseous Surgery
If you have been diagnosed with periodontal disease in Westmont, IL and surrounding areas and Dr. Timothy Walsh has recommended surgery, you need to know the difference between traditional gum surgery and laser surgery. Traditional gum surgery, or osseous surgery, typically involves using a scalpel to pull back the gum tissue and clean out the spaces between the teeth and gums to reduce pocket depths. In some cases, bone grafting or membrane materials are needed to help the gum tissue reattach to the surfaces of the teeth. Many patients can benefit from laser gum surgery with LANAP® instead of traditional gum surgery.
LANAP® does not require the use of any blades or sutures. It is a minimally invasive procedure and causes very little to no gum recession. It is also safe and results in only minimal discomfort. Dr. Walsh can get rid of infected tissue and bacteria with harming healthy tissue in the process.
Key Differences between Traditional Gum Surgery and LANAP®
- Discomfort – LANAP® involves minimal discomfort when compared with traditional gum surgery and we rarely prescribe pain medication in the post-operative phase.
- Gum Recession – Traditional surgery requires using a blade to cut through gum tissue and this can result in gum recession. LANAP® results in minimal to no gum recession.
- Healing Time – Patients undergoing LANAP® heal very quickly because the procedure is minimally invasive and kills infection causing bacteria.
- Long Term Results – LANAP® offers predictable long term results. The laser stimulates bone regeneration and can save teeth that would have otherwise needed to be extracted.
If you are interested in learning more about laser dentistry, we will be pleased to provide you with more information. To schedule your consultation for periodontal disease treatment in Berwyn & Westmont, IL call today for your appointment!