Gum Disease and Your Health
Want to Learn More About the Laser Assisted New Attachment Procedure (LANAP®)?
More On Laser Dentistry
- Dental Implants
- LANAP® Laser Treatment
- Cone Beam 3-D Imaging
- Digital X-rays
- Emergency Care
- Gum Grafting
- Intraoral Camera
- Occlusal Adjustment
- Perio Protect®
- Tooth Extraction
For New Patients
LANAP® Laser Treatment in Berwyn & Westmont, IL
What is LANAP®?
Only a small percentage of the millions of Americans with gum disease actually end up getting the treatment they need to restore their oral health. It is important to note that periodontal disease is linked to several health complications. Periodontal disease is a growing epidemic around the world and until recently, the only treatment options available involved cutting through the gum tissue to treat this condition.
The introduction of the PerioLase® MVP-7™ laser and LANAP® allows dentists like Dr. Walsh to eradicate the infection causing gum disease without damaging healthy tissue. The procedure is minimally invasive, resulting in minimal discomfort and little to no gum recession when compared with traditional surgery. It also delivers more predictable long term results. LANAP® provides the highest standard of care for the treatment of moderate to severe periodontal disease and can even help to regenerate lost bone around the teeth.
Benefits of LANAP®
Some of the benefits of LANAP® include:
• Fast healing times – The body can heal itself very quickly after this procedure.
• Minimal discomfort – Patients experience little to no discomfort after this procedure.
• Less downtime – The procedure involves little to no downtime and most patients can return to their daily activities the next day.
• Little to no gum recession – Unlike traditional gum surgery, laser gum surgery does not lower the gum line or cause gum recession.
• Less inflammation – The laser targets only the damaged tissue and leaves the rest of the tissue intact.
• Minimal bleeding – The laser causes less bleeding than traditional surgery.
• Saves the teeth – This procedure helps to preserve natural teeth.
• Bone regeneration – The treatment can regenerate bone around the teeth.
• Safe for all – There are zero contraindications associated with this laser treatment.
Laser dentistry in Berwyn, IL may be your solution for treating moderate to advanced gum disease. If you are interested in learning more about laser dentistry or are seeking gum disease treatment in Berwyn, IL, set up your consultation today!